This tag highlights my reading experience in 2016, the ups the downs, the ins and outs. This tag is hosted by Jamie at Perpetual Pageturner. Let’s get into the survey.
Number Of Books You Read: 198
Number of Re-Reads: 11
Genre You Read The Most From: Fantasy
1. Best Book You Read In 2016?
My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Never Never by Sara Saedi
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
5. Best series you started in 2016? Best Sequel of 2016? Best Series Ender of 2016?
Series: Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
Sequel: Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover
Series Ender: Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2016?
Colleen Hoover and Sarah J. Maas
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
The Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum (Classic)
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
9. Book You Read In 2016 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2016?
Passenger by Alexandra Bracken
11. Most memorable character of 2016?
Feyre – A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2016?
We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2016?
It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2016 to finally read?
Cinder by Marissa Meyer
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2016?
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2016?
Shortest: Xmas Wishes by Lindsey Duncan- 26 pages
Longest: Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare- 698 pages
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Sharazad and Khalid from The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Adhieh
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
To All The Boys I Loved Before by Jenny Han
The sister relationship in this book as fabulous.
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2016 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
The Obsession by Nora Roberts
21. Best Book You Read In 2016 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
Slammed by Colleen Hoover
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2016?
Khalid from The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Adhieh
23. Best 2016 debut you read?
Stalking Jack The Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
Simon vs. the Homosapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2016?
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
Ruby Red by Kirsten Gier
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
This is Where the World Ends by Amy Zhang
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2016?
Holding Up The Universe by Jennifer Niven
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
This is Where The World Ends by Marieke Nijkamp
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2016?
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2016?
I loved writing the review for My Lady Jane. I loved this book so writing the review was like re-examining this book.
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
I did a couple of bookish tags which I found enjoyable and plan to do in the future as well.
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
I enjoys participating in Blog Tours.
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2016?
Starting my book blog in February 2016.
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
It was my first year blogging, getting posts up on time that were time sensitive.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
My review of It Ends With Us was popular with the comments.
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
I would have liked more discussion with TBR’s and Wrap Up posts as to whether anyone else would recommend a book or what they were planning on reading, etc.
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
I wouldn’t say I discovered Goodreads, but I started using it for keeping up with my reading, ratings, TBR and bookish community.
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I set a number of challenges. I completed most of them.
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2016 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2017?
Heartless by Marissa Meyer
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2017 (non-debut)?
A Court of Wings and Ruin by Kasie West
3. 2017 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
Caraval by Stephanie Garber
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2017?
Wayfarer by Alexandra Bracken
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2017?
I want to engage with a wider range of people and grow my blog and reading life.
6. A 2017 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
The Alchemists of Loom by Elise Kova
Keep Calm and Read On,