I have recently come across a Goodreads Group called Book Traveling Thursdays. The concept of this is that every Thursday there is a theme and the bloggers who participate in this group take that theme and pick a book that they associate with the theme. From this the bloggers find and post different covers of the book they have chosen.
If you wish to know more or join in please feel free to have a look at their Goodreads Page.
The theme for this week was:
A BOOK YOU’D LIKE TO SEE AS A MOVIE
This is a book I recently read and I couldn’t help but think that with all the live action fairytale movies lately that this might translate well to the big screen.
This is the original U.S cover of the book.
COVER IN MY COUNTRY (AUSTRALIA):
In Australia the mass market paperback of Heartless is the same as the U.S original cover.
- The first cover is the US Owlcrate special edition of Heartless. I love that with a simple colour change the book looks entirely different. I have this edition.
- I really do like the original cover of the book. The typography is really interesting and the way the T makes a sword with a crown on top speaks to the transformation of the queen through the book.
- The last cover is a U.K cover. I like the simplicity and the little read hearts in the vines and the tile.
LEAST FAVOURITE COVERS:
- The first cover here is the German edition of Heartless. While I do like the cover it is a little generic and I cannot tell that this is an Alice in Wonderland retelling by looking at the cover, it could be anything.
- The second cover is a U.K edition. With other well done U.K editions I do not know why a picture of the lower portion of someones face was meant to appeal to people. Maybe someone who hasn’t seen the other covers available.
Thank you for joining in on this weeks Book Travelling Thursday and I hope to get back into the swing of things this year.
Keep Calm and Read On,