I have recently come across a Goodreads Group called Book Traveling Thursdays. The concept of this is that every Thursday there is a theme and the bloggers who participate in this group take that theme and pick a book that they associate with the theme. From this the bloggers find and post different covers of the book they have chosen.
If you wish to know more or join in please feel free to have a look at their Goodreads Page.
The theme for this week was:
A BOOK YOU WOULD RECOMMEND TO EVERYONE
I absolutely loved this book and as a retelling of A Thousand and One Nights can be related to by many people.
This is the original cover to the Wrath and the Dawn.
COVER IN MY COUNTRY (AUSTRALIA):
The original cover is the same one that is available in my country.
- The first cover cover is the French edition. It is similar to the original cover except with a different foreground colour. While I prefer the red, the turquoise is nice too.
- The second cover is the U.K. edition. It features an art print of Sharazhad (the main character). This art is stunning and the text is beautiful.
- The final cover is the Original U.S cover. I love the screen effect with Sharazhad behind the screen.
LEAST FAVOURITE COVERS:
- The first cover is the German edition. Whilst this is a beautiful cover, it really has nothing to do with the book.
- The second cover is the Indonesian edition. While the mosaic tiles do speak of that middle eastern feel with the two crossed swords, there are other covers I prefer over this one.
- The final cover is the Portuguese edition. It definitely has an Arabian Nights feel, but it is not for me.
As always, I am happy to talk to anyone about this weeks theme and the chosen covers. I will be back next Thursday for another Book Travelling Thursdays Post.
Keep Calm and Read On,